In accordance with the Policy on Protection and Use of Personal Information, the company handles customers’ personal information on this website as described below.
1. Collection and Use of Information
The Company collects and uses personal information (name, address, phone number, e-mail address, etc.) for the following purposes:
- Responses to inquiries and requests from customers
- Responses to orders and applications from customers
- Execution of the Company’s duties under agreements with customers
- Settlement and prevention of problems concerning products and services provided to customers
- Development of products and services that meet customer needs
- E-mail newsletter delivery
- Provision of services as part of a campaign such as delivery of promotional products
2. Protection of Personal Information
In order to protect the privacy of customers who have visited this website, the Company takes necessary measures within a reasonable scope. Depending on the services it offers, this website may ask you to provide highly confidential information. In that case, the Company strives to protect said information through means such as encryption thereof.
3. Use of Customers’ Personal Information Provided to Other Websites
In cases where you access third-party websites via this website, the Company is not responsible for any privacy policies or bylaws of other websites.
4. Cookies and Web Beacons
You may disable cookies by changing your browser settings. However, please note that without them, certain functionality on this website may become unavailable. Cookies on this website cannot read cookie files created by other websites or data stored on your hard disk.
A web beacon is a small transparent graphic image (1x1 pixel GIF) that is placed on a website or in a HTML type e-mail to monitor the behavior of users who visit the website or read the e-mail. It’s used to take note of what you are doing while you visit the website or if you have opened or previewed an email.
5. Access History (Log)
The Company stores the website user access history (log) on a server, with the aim of utilizing it to improve the website or in cases where technical problems arise.
Information to be stored includes source IP address, browser type, originating URL, etc. This set of information does not enable the Company to identify specific individual users.
6. Encrypted Communication
This website uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer protocol)*2 encrypted communication to protect the confidentiality of information you provide to the Company when filling in an inquiry form, etc.
SSL is the technology used to establish an encrypted link between a browser and the web server. By encrypting customers' personal information, SSL allows it to be transmitted more securely. You need to use a browser with SSL capability to establish SSL communication.
Handling and Use of Personal Information
1. Purposes of Use of Personal Information
The Company uses the personal information provided only within the scope necessary for achieving the purposes listed below, unless the Company informs the relevant person otherwise. As for the scope of use of personal identification numbers, the Company limits this to personal identification number-related affairs stipulated under applicable laws.
1. Use of personal information in business activities
- Conclusion and execution of contracts between customers and the Company and other transaction management
- Liaison between customers and the Company, and notices and greetings in accordance with social convention
- Provision of information regarding the Company's products, services, campaigns, etc.
- Surveys on, analysis of, and R&D for, the Company's business
- Production of statistical information and anonymously processed information, and other processing of personal information for use by the Company
- Information exchange and liaison with people from sectors and organizations related to the Company's business
- Confirmation of audits conducted on the Company's business
- Management of, and notices to, shareholders under the Companies Act, etc.
- Other matters associated with and related to the Company's business
2. Use of personal information provided by job candidates and retirees
- Screening of, and decisions to hire, job candidates (from job applications to joining the company)
- Fulfilment of obligations to retirees under labor laws and liaison with them, and retiree association-related notices
However, in any of the following cases as permitted by applicable laws, the Company may use personal information for purposes other than the purposes of use stated above:
- When the use of personal information is necessary to protect the life, body, or property of an individual and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person;
- When the use of personal information is especially necessary to improve public health or promote the sound growth of children and when it is difficult to obtain the consent of the person;
- When the use of personal information is necessary to cooperate with a state administrative body, a local government, or a person entrusted by either of the former two in executing affairs prescribed by laws and when obtaining the consent of the person is likely to impede the execution of the affairs concerned; or
- Other cases in which personal information is used in accordance with applicable laws.
Any change in the purposes of use will be released on this site or notified through other means.
2. Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
The Company will not provide personal information to third parties without prior consent of the person, excluding the following cases as permitted by applicable laws:
- When the handling of personal information, in whole or in part, is commissioned only within the scope necessary for achieving the purposes of use;
- When personal information is provided in association with business succession due to a merger or other reason; or
- When personal information is shared under the provisions of 3. Shared Use of Personal Information.
Procedures for Disclosure, Correction and Deletion of Retained Personal Data
1. Scope of Information Disclosure
Information subject to disclosure refers to objective facts included in personal data concerning the customer retained by the Company (electronic information processed by and stored on a computer as well as paper-based information filed in a way that makes it easily searchable).
2. Applicants for Disclosure, etc.
Persons eligible to file an application with the Company for disclosure, correction and deletion of personal information (hereinafter, the “Applicant for disclosure, etc.”) are as follows:
- The customer
- Statutory agent
Person in parental authority (if the customer is a minor)
Guardian (if the customer is a ward or minor without a person in parental authority)
Attorney or the like (when entrusted by the customer)
- Public agency
only when a written application is filed which has a responsible manager’s seal affixed.
3. Disclosure Application Procedures
Disclosure application procedures are as follows:
- 1. As a general rule, the Company only accepts applications which the Applicant for disclosure, etc. has prepared using the Application Form for Personal Information Disclosure prescribed by the Company and sent by post to the Company along with any valid government photo identity document.
Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information, etc. (Link to Basic Policy on Protection of Personal information, etc.)
4. Cases in Which Information Will Not be disclosed
In any of the following cases, the Company will not disclose any information, but will notify the Applicant for disclosure, etc. to that effect using the Personal Information Disclosure Report:
- When the Company does not possess the personal data requested to be disclosed;
- When the Company has already deleted the personal data requested to be disclosed;
- When conditions provided for in the Company's disclosure manuals are not met, in part or in whole;
- When disclosure is likely to harm the life, body, property, or other rights or interests of the customer or a third party;
- When disclosure is likely to impede the proper execution of the business of the Company; or
- When disclosure would violate laws and regulation of Country.
The Company will correct or delete the contents of the personal data set it has disclosed, in accordance with the following procedures:
- Submission of an Application Form for Personal Information Correction/Deletion and Implementation of Investigation
The Applicant for disclosure, etc. is asked to submit an Application Form for Personal Information Correction/Deletion prescribed by the Company, based on which the Company will conduct an investigation into the correction or deletion to confirm whether there is any data set that needs correction or deletion
- Measures to be taken after completion of the investigation
If the investigation finds any data set that needs correction or deletion, it is immediately corrected or deleted.
- Notification using Personal Information Correction/Deletion Report
After the investigation is completed, we either inform the Applicant for disclosure, etc. using the Personal Information Correction/Deletion Report that a certain data set that needed correction or deletion has been corrected or deleted, or that no data set that needs correction or deletion has been found.
- Time required for correction or deletion
The Company will correct or delete the relevant data set within about 10 business days from the date of receiving the Application Form for Personal Information Correction/Deletion from the Applicant for disclosure, etc.
6. Burden of Expenses Necessary for Correction/Deletion
As a general rule, the Company do not pays the expenses necessary for correction or deletion.
7. Point of Contact for Disclosure, etc. of Personal Information Retained by the Company
Only those requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. that are sent by post will be accepted. Please send necessary documents to the address below.
- Customers who have bought products and services from Idemitsu Lube India Pvt. Ltd.
IDEMITSU LUBE INDIA PVT. LTD.,
603, 6th Floor, Eros Corporate Tower,
Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110019
Tel no.: 011-66794200
- 2. By Email : Idemitsu Lube India Pvt. Ltd. : Website >>
For inquiries and consultations regarding disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. please contact the following point of contact. We will send the necessary documents by post in response to your inquiry or consultation.
- IDEMITSU LUBE INDIA PVT. LTD.,
603, 6th Floor, Eros Corporate Tower,
Nehru Place, New Delhi – 110019
Tel no.: 011-66794200
Operating hours: 09:00 – 18:00, Monday – Friday
(Excluding Saturdays, Sundays, National Holidays, Year-end and New Year Holidays and the Company's Foundation Day, June 2020)
- Your calls are recorded to accurately capture the call details.
- Calls are not accepted via IP phone.
By Email : Idemitsu Lube India Pvt. Ltd. : Website >>
Basic Policy on Protection of Personal Information, etc